The Arts Education Roundtable works to support full-time arts teaching and supplemental arts programing in schools. In 2014 the Roundtable focused on Common Core initiatives for arts education departments of cultural organizations and arts educators in our schools and will continue this important initiative in 2015. LIAA Arts Education Roundtable is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
The Arts Education Roundtable strengthens arts education on Long Island by:
- Facilitating community involvement in the arts
- Making arts central to lifelong learning through encouraging and empowering arts advocacy
- Giving specific attention to Long Island’s areas under-served by arts education
These goals can be met with the following objectives:
- Firmly establish two Arts Education Roundtables per year
- Partner with NYSCAME and BOCES as a sponsor for the Balanced Mind Curriculum Conference in November
- Present a “Grant Writing” workshop in September for non-profit arts organizations and their education departments.
- Allocate dollars for webpage development of either a page for the Roundtable, or an entire site can be built at artsli.com
- Partner with regional organizations already tied to the region’s under-served communities
If you would like to help or contribute to the LIAA Arts Education Roundtable, please email a cover letter stating your interest in the Roundtable and your résumé to: email@example.com