Follow the guidelines below for the Music Portfolio Requirements and Rubric.
On a separate sheet, describe ways in which your involvement in the arts has enriched your life. Please double- space and limit your thoughts to 500 words. Essay Rubric
All Applicants Must Submit Both Written and Video Components
Students who compose may submit a written score
Written Component: Instrumental/Vocal: 12 possible points
1. Copy of one completed Spring 2016 NYSSMA All-State or Level 6 evaluation form. (Students unable to participate in Spring 2016 NYSSMA should submit other evaluative documents, along with a statement from their school music teacher as to why they were unable to complete a 2016 NYSSMA evaluation.) Please upload PDF files copy online. CLICK HERE
2. Copy of one score of a completed musical composition. Please upload PDF files copy online. (See below)
Video Component (Must provided via YouTube link) 36 possible points (For questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrumental/Vocal: Solo Performance or as a featured Soloist with an ensemble Composition: Performance of one of the submitted musical compositions.
Recording Requirements for Music/Dance/Theater
- Only one camera at a fixed angle with a fixed lens may be used.
- The recording must be uncut and unedited and contain no material other than the monologue(s)/ dance/ musical selection
- Camera must be placed to obtain full-figure shots, not close-ups A neutral-to-dark background is best
- Technical Theater applicants may zoom in on portfolio materials and may be shot from the waist up for the question segment.
- Accompaniments:The performer is responsible for the quality of the recording. She/he must be clearly visible and audible.
- Theater Arts: Singers can perform a cappella or should be accompanied by one (1) instrument rather than an ensemble
- Music: Performer must clearly be a soloist. The student can be accompanied by piano, small or large ensemble.
- Music Composition must be a performance that matches the musical score.
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube and share your YouTube link on your application. If you need guidance please contact: email@example.com
Refer to these file for more information:
For additional information, please contact:
John Gallagher at 631-345-2960
John J. Gallagher, Ed.D.
Chair, Scholar-Artist Educator’s Committee
30 Swezey Lane
Middle Island, NY 11953
the Music sub-committee contact: