Scholar-Artist Application Materials and Information
- Be nominated by their high school; with applications submitted by a district administrator.
- Be graduating seniors from the Class of 2022.
- Represent the highest level of artistic excellence.
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement with an un-weighted grade point average of 90 or above.
- Submit an essay and a portfolio of their work/performance.
Please note that an Official School Transcript with unweighted average is required for the application. The transcript must include information from:
- All four quarters from Ninth Grade
- All four quarters from Tenth Grade
- First half of Eleventh Grade
A thumb drive with the completed application materials as well as either a video of performance or a portfolio of work is to be mailed by the Arts Educator. The envelope must clearly state the arts area for which the student is applying.
Applications are to be postmarked no later than
June 1, 2021 and mailed to:
Dr. John J. Gallagher
Director of Music & Fine Arts
Longwood School District
30 Swezey Lane
Middle Island, NY 11953
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR