Thank you for helping to ensure that our arts community has the support it needs for a brilliant next act.
The severe impact to the arts on Long Island has made our work more urgent and important than ever. We are dedicated to assisting in the efforts to restart and revitilize our communities through the arts.
Here’s what we're doing to help:
- We have developed and launched the LI ARTS & Culture Events Calendar that features all the ways your arts community is keeping you virtually entertained, inspired, and connected during this troubling time. Members are invited to submit unlimited events for free to directly connect with a targeted audience through an easy-to-navigate, self-publishing calendar, weekly emailed event newsletters, and social media promotions.
- Our email newsletter was adapted from a biannual publication soliciting memberships and announcing programs, into a bi-weekly (often weekly) trove of valuable resources for our stakeholders. The newsletter was used as a tool to share new funding opportunities, upcoming deadlines, workshops, artist opportunities, and timely communications.
- Our Arts Management Forums went virtual and addressed relevant topics and provided trainings led by local leaders, and regional experts in a variety of fields including: Valuing Art in the Era of COVID-19; Annual Appeal Messaging During a Pandemic; Not-For-Profit Marketing Strategies; and more.
- We are supporting advocacy efforts at the local and state level to make sure the arts and cultural sector have a voice in the strategy to reopen the economy.
- We waived all membership dues for all levels in 2020. While they are modest amounts, we understand that every dollar was precious during the shutdown.
- We are collaborating across sectors, including restaurants, hospitality, and transportation, to welcome you back when it’s safe to return.
- As a part of an ongoing goal to measure the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the arts and cultural organizations that serve Nassau and Suffolk counties we ran arts impact surveys in March, September, and again in February. The goal of these surveys were to understand the impact COVID-19 had on Long Island’s arts and culture sector as well as to use the research and data collected to help guide the work and next steps.
Contributions to LIAA help us keep membership fees affordable and provide essential funding for networking, professional development programs, advocacy initiatives, and member services aimed at promoting and nurturing a vibrant cultural community across Long Island. Your donation will fund programs like those mentioned above, while also ensuring the future of the arts on Long Island is protected through our continued work.
A gift to LIAA is a direct investment in the future health of Long Island's creative ecology and those arts organizations you love by supporting programming and artist opportunities that are a the core of our mission. Your gift allows LIAA to forge a path forward and help restore the rich vibrancy of Long Island's arts sector, making our community a better place for everyone.
Thank you for considering a donation.
Click the link above to make a secure gift online; send a check made payable to Long Island Arts Alliance to LIAA's temporary remote office: 19 Thorne Street, Patchogue, NY 11772
If you are looking for more ways to become involved, financially or otherwise, please contact: Lauren Wagner at (631)372-7202
MEMORIAL AND TRIBUTE GIFTS
Remembrance. Honor. Congratulations. A memorial or tribute gift to the Alliance helps you express these sentiments in a unique way, celebrates your loved ones, and supports LIAA's efforts to enrich lives through promoting awareness of and participation in Long Island’s world-class arts and cultural institutions.
Honor Roll of Donors Thank you for your contributions to Long Island Arts Alliance
Hon. Roger Tilles
Debra and Dale Lewis
Long Island Community Foundation
Tilles Center of Long Island University
New York Community Bank Foundation
Christine and John R. Bransfield, Jr.
Rev. Edward F. Conway
Dr. Marian Conway
Hon. Steve Englebright, NYS Assembly
The Claire Friedlander Family Foundation
Joy and John Racanelli
Hon. Michelle Schimel, (Ret.)
TD Charitable Foundation
$2,500 – $5,000
Adelphi University—Christine M. Riordan, President
Gene Bernstein, Northville Industries
Robert B. Catell
Farrell Fritz, P.C.
Robert Hughes, Marks Paneth LLP
Eric and Sandra Krasnoff
Louis and Martha Silver Foundation
Hofstra University—Stuart Rabinowitz, President
Molloy College—Dr. Drew Bogner, President
$1,000 – $2,500
Art Supervisors Association
Arts Education Committee at Tilles Center forthe Performing Arts
Balanced Mind Conference
Gene M. Bernstein/ NIC Holding
Hon. Thomas P. DiNapoli
Steven A. Klar Foundation
Lawrence Levy, National Center for Suburban Studies, Hofstra University
Maggie Martinez Malito
Nassau Music Educators Association
Henry Schein, Inc.
Louis and Martha Silver Foundation
Sandra and Howard Tytel
Sophie Christman Lavin
Suffolk County School Superintendent Association
Jordan E. Ziegler, Esq./ Pasternack Tilker
Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, LLP
Art Supervisors Association
- Arts Education Committee At Tilles Center For The Performing Arts
- Balanced Mind Conference
- Gene M. Bernstein/ Nic Holding
- Hon. Thomas P. Dinapoli
- Steven A. Klar Foundation
- Maggie Martinez Malito
- John Murcott
- Lawrence Levy, Dean, National Center For Suburban Studies At Hofstra University
- Nassau Music Educators Association
- Nassau Nyscame
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Louis And Martha Silver Foundation
- Sandra And Howard Tytel
- Sophie Christman Lavin
- Suffolk County School Superintendent Association
- Jordan E. Ziegler, Esq./ Pasternack Tilker
Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano, Llp
Albanese Organization, Inc.
Peter M. Bernstein
Dr. Judith A. Chen
Dr. Marian Conway and Philip Santoli
Paul and Elizabeth Kaplan
Sharon Maier-Kennelly and Patrick Kennelly
Beth and Charles Levinthal
Long Island Presidents Council
Charles and Stephanie Rothschild
Judy and Rich Rosenblum
Marion and Ronald Stein
Suffolk County School Superintendents
Susan Aminov, TD Bank
Barbara and Michael Bivona Family Fund
Michael Bordengo, TD Bank
Good Harvest Financial
Karen Brooks Hopkins
Mary and William Lai
Lauren Brandt Schloss, Usdan Summer Camp for the Arts
Sid Jacobson JCC
Dancing Classrooms Long Island
Mary M. Lai
Katheryn Liable, Synchronicity Planning & Communications
Susan Turner Radin
Laura Savini and Jimmy Webb
David and Patricia Schecher
Dr. David J. Steinberg